Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A good belly laugh

Sorry for being so long between updates. Eric and the other 9 men arrived safely home on Sunday around 4:00 pm after a very long drive home from Nebraska. He will write about the trip soon. He had an incredible time of bonding with these guys and is so glad he went. The time went by fast for us here at home since we were sleeping most of the time they were gone. Zach had his first football game on Saturday in the continuous rain which I video taped under my umbrella for Eric to see. Their team "the Gators" won and Zach didn't even care that he was soaked from head to toe. It was a great rainy Saturday stomping in puddles. This week has been pretty steadily busy with Dr. appointments and home visits. We get Eric's new electric wheelchair tomorrow morning and will trade it for the loaner we currently have. It is a Permobil C300 and can do just about anything.
Our daughter Madison has been saying things lately that have made us bust up laughing. She is learning that it is good to make people laugh and we are not laughing at her in jest, but because she makes us smile. Here are a few of her latest. I have been getting these little holes in my shirts from wearing them out in the wash and she said "maybe you are getting too big for your clothes" Eric just busted a gut, me not so much. It reminded me of the time when Zach was little and he asked my grandma why she had all the cracks in her lips and my grandpa couldn't stop laughing. Then today we were talking about marriage and I told her that I married my boyfriend and she said "and then you married daddy" Even the table next to us at Wendy's was laughing at that. Then when I opened my sour cream for my potato and squirted it out, it shot out the top and sprayed my neck and front ot my shirt and we all started laughing uncontrollably. We went to the mall tonight and got the kids Build a Bear's with Eric's voice in them and had a lot of fun just hanging out as a family. Hope you are all having a great week!
Blessings,
Lori

P.S. a few of you have been wondering if I am sleeping better on our new bed and I adjusted to the new bed in less than a week and we love it! Just wish I could sleep longer!! Zach gets up for school now at 6:30 a.m!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth with Madison. Kinda of like when she was helping me put the groceries away at grandma's house. She insisted on putting the popicles in the freezer for me. She came out of the back room and was laughing and states, "You really don't want to open the door, I got them in there, but I don't know if they will stay there once you open the door." I wish you could have seen the look on her face, it was priceless! Just like her daddy. :) I remember Eric doing little things like that. For example, sleeping in the laundry basket behind dad's chair hiding from mom. Remember, Eric?!
LOL
Sis

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean with Madison. You will have to ask her if she remembers putting the popicles away for me at grandma's house. It was priceless, the look on her face when she came back into the kitchen. "You don't want to open the door. The popicles may not stay. I got them in there, that is what is important." The whole with this smile and look on her face. I just laughed my pants off. What a personality she is starting to get. Kinda of like her daddy. :) Her daddy would do funny things like that all the time. Kinda like when he would hide from mom (grandma) in the laundry basket behind dad's chair. I am glad that we are able to laugh and share these things with each other. That is what family is for and I love my family very much. We are all very blessed to be together. God knew what he was doing when he put our family together. :)
LOL
Sis

Clarkers said...

This was sweet... too cute! You guys are in our prayers!!!

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER