Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Niagara Falls in the fall and more...







I realized I forgot to put some pictures from our last day of our trip when we headed home from Niagara, NY. We got up with it still snowing and very cold. We went over to the falls and it was like a ghost town. Eric got out in his wheelchair for a little bit, but we did not have the right clothes for the weather so he got back in the car with his parents while I took some pictures and video. We were at the horsheshoe falls and I was about to go back to the van and I thought, I should go over to the American Falls quick and snap some pictures. I am so glad I did! It was breathtaking! The fall colors were so vivid with the massive falls just crashing down on the rocks below creating a lot of mist. While I was about to leave, God allowed the sun to peak out from the clouds and a rainbow was formed at the bottom of the falls that I felt like God sent just for me. It brought tears to my eyes as I said "Thank you, God!" His creation just amazes me to no end.
The rest of our trip was long, but good. We really enjoyed spending time with Eric's parents one on one like that. That's something you rarely get the opportunity to do and we had fun laughing together most of the weekend!
Yesterday the VA inspection went well and the last step is our appraisal and we should be on our way to a new home soon! We are so excited! As we left yesterday, Eric said it feels so peaceful to be in this house. I agreed. It just feels right! We are so blessed to have met the Middel's and have formed a relationship that I know will continue. She shared our story on her CarePage and I know I have shared many of the details of the way God brought our two families together like he did, but if you want to read her story too, go to www.carepages.com and log on to alishamiddel for her carepage! I agree with her totally that this was not fate, destiny or coincidence, It was God's hand in answer to two families prayers. God deserves all of the praise and glory!! Here is a verse that Eric read recently that reminded us of how God deserves all of the glory in our trials.
1 Peter 1:6-9
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
We watched a movie called "The Note" this week and it really touched our hearts because one, it was about adoption and two it revealed how God can put people together that can be explained no other way! I recommend the movie highly. There are not many decent movies out there now a days so put it on your list!
Eric is recovering very well from his fall and has a very pretty purple shiner next to his stitches and also developed a bruise on the end of his tongue too. His ankle seems to be a mild sprain and he is still able to walk around on it, thank goodness and the swelling has gone down.
Eric was asked to speak at Grand Haven Christian school Chapel a while back and that was this morning. We got up early and brought the kids with us and he did a great job sharing his heart and how much Jesus means to him! He talked about how although he can't do things physically that he used to, but no one can take away his spirit and passion for God! I am always so proud of Eric being a light to others during this trial and not letting Satan extinguish his light to others. I know he made an impact on those kids lives and am so glad he was still up to going despite his fall. He wore his hat to cover his wounds. He never wants to draw attention to himself like that. Anyways, it was a great day today!
Blessings to you all,
Lori and Eric
P.S. We are going to see Mercy Me and Bebo Norman tomorrow night with my parents and brother and sister and spouses and can not wait. It should be a great evening of worship!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, as things move forward with your move and other things just let me know what you need. We are always ready to assist. I am actually on days now, so we can come help as a "team" and soccer is done! Love you guys, Lauri V

Anonymous said...

You are so right in saying that you were a blessing to our school this morning. I have never had a chapel about which so many people talked to me about. Your passion for God and testimony about how Jesus is with you through all stages of your life shone through loud and clear. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER