Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Sunday, November 16, 2008

Trip to Washington DC

My dad, Barbara Byers, Stephen Byers, and me
My dad getting an interview in the Mariott!

Mike and Joe having fun at the IPLEX rally!


My dad and I in front of the Washington Monument and the World War 2 Memorial!



Us in front of the Lincoln Memorial Statue!




Just let'n you know what we were doing,
Last weekend my dad brought Mike DeBoer, Joe Striet... and myself to DC for a good break and to protest about a drug called IPLEX. We drove for about 10 hrs. and finally got there. Then we slept in a hotel room (Mike slept with Joe, dad slept in his own bed and i got the roll-away. The next morning we drove to the National Archives building to see the ORIGINAL Declaration of Independence!!! It was so... CooL!
Also, we went to the World War 2 Memorial and Vietnam Memorial to see all the people who died for our country.
Then we walked down to the Lincoln Memorial and saw the 19 foot tall Abraham Lincoln statue. We got pictures in front of it.
Then we got really LOST through the winding roads and ended up by the Jefferson Memorial and the Pentagon.
We finally got out and went to Old Alexandria for a very fine dinner at a 200 year old italian restaurante. The waiter barely knew Any English! I got a meat filled ravioli with a side of spaghetti, my dad and Mike got fetticuini alfredo with chicken on top, and Joe got fetticuini alfredo with shrimp on top. All in all, it was Great Food!
We went back to our hotel for the night and got up in the morning and had a buffet breakfast.Then we went to the IPLEX Rally to help my dad!!!!!!!
Then we went on a tour through the Capitol Building.
It was AWESOME!! Then we came back to the rally to say our good-bye's.
We drove back to the Washington Monument and went on an elevator all the way up to the tipee top to get a birds-eye-view of DC. It was 512 ft tall! The people looked like ants! When we went back down the elevator they slowed it down to show us the different stones that were donated to the Monument.
When we got to the bottom we drove to the Hard-Rock Cafe to eat. My dad and I got chicken strips, Joe got BBQ chicken wings, and Mike got a big, juicy burger.
Finally, we went to the Mariott on Pennsylvania Ave. to retrieve my coat I accidentilly forgot. Also, there my dad got interveiwed and we got a video called Indestructable which is an Action Packed, Suspensful movie about a man(Ben Byers and lost his battle with ALS in July of 2008) who has ALS and goes around the world trying to find a cure.
Then we drove home! Home, sweet, home!!
Thanks Mike and Joe for making my trip so much fun!
P.S. Mike I'm still waiting for my haircut! Snip! Snip!!
Zach


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a great trip, Zach! Thanks for letting us all know how it went! :)

Anonymous said...

Zak, you did such a nice job writing about your trip to washington. Im sure your dad was so proud to have you with. This is something you will always cherish. Hey i liked how you made the letters bigger then smaller, your an interesting writer. I think and pray for you all

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER