Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Good news... bad news...


An older picture of Eric when he returned from his mission trip to Vietnam three years ago. He looks so handsome with his tan!


Many of you are wondering what happened with our house sale and the bad news is the
family was unable to secure their financing at this point so our deal fell apart. We are disappointed by this, but we know that God has it all in his hands and will bring along another buyer so keep sending those prayers up! We had two showings on Monday already so maybe we will get an even better offer which will be worth the wait. That's the bad news. The good news is that we got our final approval letter on the Specially Adapted Housing grant after over a year from applying. It is such a process and you have to be diligent in following through, but it finally paid off! We will be able to pay a portion of our home off as principal only when we receive that grant money in approx 3 weeks,so that is great news and it came in time to get the exemption on our property taxes for disabled veterans which is what we have been praying for. I need to share this because it is a huge answer to prayer!
On a sadder note, the disease is really taking it's toll on Eric lately both physically and emotionally and I won't lie, it has been so hard to watch him as this disease progresses and there is nothing we can do to stop it. I just read today that the President of ALSTDI (huge research institute in Boston) passed away at age 39 (Eric's age) from ALS. It brought me to tears as I thought about the prospect of losing my husband and father to my children! It makes me want to cling on to every day, yet life still goes on all around us, there are still appointments to keep, bills to pay and responsibilities to uphold. Yet the sun is shining today! God hasn't gone anywhere through it all. We are so grateful for his love! We are looking forward to a break from it all in Florida and we leave Feb 20th and return March 2nd. (JoAnn, we need your contact info if you still want to meet us in FL :)
Eric's mom is here again this week and is again a huge blessing and help. I am supposed to be working right now so I should keep this brief (like I can do that)
Thank you for your prayers and love!
Lori and Eric
P.S. please keep Kristi (my sister) in your prayers as she is still undergoing chemo treatments. I was able to go to her appointment with my mom yesterday and I just thought, why do we have to live in this world of disease! Jesus, come back soon! That's a whole other post, but share His salvation with your friends and family. We want to be ready when He comes back!!

3 comments:

anne said...

Hi guys!
I haven't commented in a while, but still check in and keep you in our prayers! I have no words... I won't try to say I understand what you are going through, 'cause I don't and can't. Just wish I were there to give you a hug and reconnect!! so here's my hug {{{}}} :). Love you guys. You hold a special place in our hearts... even over the miles and years!
Love,
Anne, Steve & Ryan

Unknown said...

Dear Lori and Eric,

I just found your blog today. My heart is so heavy for you and your family.

My husband was diagnosed with ALS July 3rd, 2008. He is the senior pastor of our church in Idaho and we have been married for 31 years (almost). We have four grown kids (two of whom are married) and two beautiful granddaughters. Our youngest is our only daughter and she is 20.

Cliff has always been active and athletic and loved to be in the middle of everything. He is passionate about the Lord and the lost. Eric sounds alot like Cliff.

We identify with Eric when he says in your video that he wants to see your kids graduate and walk your daughter down the aisle when she gets married. That is one of my husband's, Cliff's, greatest heartbreaks - that he may not have that opportunity with his daughter. So, I understand that it is more real for you.

I am struggling today with the heaviness of this disease and would love to be able to understand but don't. I only know that God will be glorified as we continue to pursue Him and live for His glory.

I am at home now but headed to the office and will show Cliff your blog. We will be praying for you.

Thank you for being willing to be transparent at a time when I really needed someone I could identify with. I, again, am so sorry for this trial that you, and your whole family, are suffering.

Trusting Him,

Wendy Williams

Joann said...

I would be sothrilled to see you guys here in Fl. What a blessing. My email is joannm@rootsey.com or you can get a hold of me at my facebook page or on my blog. think the best would be to just e-mail me. i would love to come visit you in Orlando if that is where you are going or if you are coming beachside, we could arrange something over here. I am flexible. I am sorry to hear about the house deal falling through . that really stinks. i am going to put eric's name by my mirror to pray for him in the morning and at night. Take care and I hope to see you soon.
Love, your sister in Christ,
Joann

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER