Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Testimony to the Homeless






I wanted to touch base with all of you out there, those of you who have been praying for me and my family. Four weeks ago I started a new treatment at the Born Clinic. It's NASA technology using electro magnetic wavelengths through my body. It's helps the body's natural function to heal itself, particularly muscles, tissues and organs.

Last Monday I was having problems swallowing. When I went in on Tuesday for my treatment I requested something for helping me to swallow and speak. The doctor said they had a program which they then ran on me that very day. It helped right away. That night I was able to eat, swallow and speak more easily - I was even able to eat steak on Friday. (Thank you Klumpp family)

As many of you may or may not know, Lori and I have been volunteering our time to help the Hytinen's ministry, serving, speaking and showing the love of Christ to the homeless on Division Ave at the Inner City Church. I would encourage you to come down and check it out sometime. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. When you give 2 1/2 hours of your time, you will be amazed how God blesses you.

We've been going down there for the last three weeks. I'm overwhelmed at the amount of need that I have seen. So many people need to know Christ. There is a song we sing at Wellspring that makes me weep when I hear it, "God in the City." One of the verses talks about that there is lots left to do in the city for His kingdom. It makes me think about the people in Grand Rapids who live under the bridges who need to be clothed and fed.

It would be a pleasure to work side by side with you going to the inner city to clothe these people, rehabilitate them and show them that they don't need to live on the streets anymore because of the love and hope of Christ. I hope to see some of you out there soon. Call or email us if you want more info or want to ride with us.

Some of you may be wondering what is going on with our home in Jenison. It is still for sale and we have had about 3 showings a week recently. We are praying for God's direction with this home. Please pray with us.
I woke up the other night and God put Psalm 61 in my head and I'm not sure why but I thought I would share it with you.
Psalm 61
From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. For you have heard my vows, O God; you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name. Increase the days of the king's life, his years for many generations. May he be enthroned in God's presence forever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him. Then will I ever sing praise to your name and fulfill my vows day after day.

I am continuing to trust the Great Physician for his healing. My faith and trust are in Him.

Thank you for your continued prayers and love,
Eric

1 comment:

HGlick said...

You have a nice blog.

I was wondering if you feel that the treatments using electro magnetic wavelengths have continued to help you. And if so, how have they helped? My father was diagnosed with ALS, and I interested in anything that might be helpful to him.

Thanks.

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER