Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Saturday, May 9, 2009

But until that day.... we will worship you always! a tough night

We had a tough night last night. I was having a hard time going to the bathroom last night (constipated) worse than I have ever been in my life. Not sure if I want to share this but just being honest. It exhausted all of my strenghth and caused a lot of pain. It even affected my walking with Lori's help. I say this not to say poor me, but to share insight what is going on with us while living with ALS. I realize that I can't eat the same food I enjoy so much like cheese and bread so I plan to change my diet again to more fruits and veggies. It was hard for Lori too because she couldn't help me. Lots of tears were shed last night by both uf us. Every time we have a night like this, we awake with God's mercy in the morning. Today and another time we had a rough night, our alarm came on with the song "There will be a day with no more tears" by Jeremy Camp. What a powerful song that gives so much hope! Lori got up and googled the song and found this powerful video made by Jeremy Camp (you may recall that he lost his wife to cancer) and we watched it with tears streaming. Even Maddie came over and put her arms around us. Zach was still sleeping so we will share it with him later. Anyways, take three minutes to watch this video and then read the words of the song below as a powerful reminder from God that the burdens of this place will be no more when we see Jesus face to face!
Thanking God for His mercies today,
Eric and Lori

Due to technical difficulites, the video is on the right side of the blog. Scroll down to the Jeremy Camp link.


There Will Be A Day lyrics

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that tries to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

(Chorus)
There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more
fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more,
we'll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we'll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel you’re walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

(Chorus)

I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will
wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery
this is why this is why I sing

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more
fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more,
we'll see Jesus face to face

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more
fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more,
we'll see Jesus face to face

There will be a day, he will wipe away the tears,
He will wipe away the tears,
He will wipe away the tears,
There will be a day.

5 comments:

Tim said...

Eric,
Lifting you and your family up in prayer today. I don't know what food restrictions you might have with ALS but, as far as your difficulty goes, I found eating yogurt with a pro-biotic like Activia works well for me.

Another great song you might draw some strength is "Still" by Hillsong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8horRi3_E

"Rejoice in the Lord ... and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus." Phil 4:4-8

Tim

Anonymous said...

I could tell when I talked to Lori that she was a little "off"
thats ok...I knew something was going on inside the walls of your home, that at 10 at night...she didnt want to share in details.
I hope you found relief so to speak...and are feeling better today. I love love love that song...I will go now and watch the video, and probably cry- like you guys did.
Have a great Saturday....and a blessed Mom's day Lori:)
We'll talk tonight if things are quiet at your house ok...
Heather

Jen said...

What beautiful lyrics!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you all....I know a bit of what you're going through, having watched my mom battle cancer, and I pray for strength for you for each and every day - and the reassurance, when things seem so very, very hard, that God is not only by your side, but holding you in the palm of his hand!!

Wayne said...

Eric,

My wife, Becky, who had ALS had a similar problem. She used twice a day Miralax/Polyethylene Glycol 3350 PO PWD made by Breckenridge Pharmaceutical, Inc. She had 17 grams in 4 ounces of liquid in the morning and evening. It came in a large 527 grams container. We used a flavored drink of some kind and used a straw.

Since you did not mention any medicines you were using I thought I would mention it.

Wayne

Anonymous said...

hey guys...one more thing-Hillsong is coming to Rez Life I think sometime in May! Really exciting! Someone mentioned Hillsong...so thought I would add that:) It's gonna be GOOD!
Heather

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER