Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The newest member of the Fox Family needs a name



Well, we drove to East Lansing yesterday and looked at the dog we found online. He is part of East Lansing Animal Placement Bureau. They have a great program for finding good homes for their dogs. I liked that we had time to learn about the dog with no hurry or pressure and they were very thourough in their application process. Anyway, we all liked "Prince" and he loved us so we left and talked about it together and we all voted to take him home, so home he is and he is adjusting just great. He is actually 8 years old and is a Shetland Sheltie mix with some Spaniel in him they believe. He is only 18 lbs and is HOUSEBROKEN.... Hallelujah! He slept in Maddie's bedroom last night on her bed and didn't cry at all. He knows how to sit, shake and lay down and he just likes to be where we are. I am so relieved that he is so well behaved. He loves to lick faces a little too much so beware when you meet him. The kids love that, however, Eric and I prefer a handshake. :) We don't think he looks like "Prince" so let us know what you think HE looks like by commenting or emailing us and we may have a vote on his new name.
Eric is doing well, but having some weakness in his arms this week. Please pray for strength for his body.
As always, we appreciate your prayers and love!
Lori

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! How exciting for you guys! I can't think of a name for him right now, but if I do I'll let you know!

Love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

I'm not the greatest at naming dogs, but he sorta looks like a Ben to me...

Anonymous said...

How about "Lucky" for getting such a great family! Or...MELZ for Maddie Eric Lori & Zach

Terpsma Family said...

He is so very very cute. I am sure he will bring lots of love and joy to the family. Whatever you name him please not Ben I guess you could say I have my reasons. Maybe something after one of Zach or Eric's favorite sports players.

Also we will be home next week. Things didn't work out for us in Charleston. I hope we will see you soon.

Love,
Alison & Ben

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER