Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND & MORE...FUN!






Wow where does the time go? We are sorry we haven’t updated the blog in almost a week! Let me give you a recap of what has been going on in our busy lives. Last Saturday was a dream come true for me; my friend Doug W. was able to secure 2 tickets to go to Joe Louis Arena to watch the first game of the Stanley Cup Finals between the Pittsburgh Penguins & the Detroit Redwings. It was truly amazing to be there. The energy was electric and contagious. Detroit won the game 4-0! As a former hockey player it is every players goal to make it to the Stanley Cup…for me just being there watching it meant so much to me, thanks Doug!
One thought I had while watching the game was what would our churches look like if every believer had the same passion as all of these fans that were passionately cheering after the redwings scored a goal? Why don’t we act/praise God in the same way? Is it because we don’t really believe in Him like we do our favorite sports team? Maybe we need to evaluate this and ask God to help us with it…I know I was convicted by this and I’m wrestling with God about it.
Sunday was an awesome day because God was working on me throughout the service regarding the way we passionately worship & praise Him. One time Pastor Gary said something so profound that I totally agreed with and I wanted to get up and shout Amen, start cheering God on to keep speaking through His servant, but I held back - why? I need prayer to just let God get ALL the glory He deserves.
In the afternoon we took the kids to see the new Narnia movie with our close friends, the Barr’s. It was great; almost as good as the first one in my opinion. The kids all enjoyed it.
Monday was Memorial Day, which has more meaning to me because of my service to this great country in the Persian Gulf War. We went to watch the parade at 9:30am; Zach walked with our church [Wellspring] along with 240 others that were dancing, singing, and handing out candy & brochures about Wellspring. The praise team was singing some jamming new songs from atop the float which had huge different sized vibrant colored photo’s of smiling people. The theme this year was “CHANGED LIVES” which was perfect seems God has been busy the last couple months changing over 70 peoples lives by them accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior! Tuesday we were back to normal with a treatment at the Born Clinic, cleaning to show the house, [9th time in 6 weeks]; we’re praying that they make an offer because they are coming back this Tuesday!
On Wednesday, We had our Angel Care here and Kucinski’s came over to hang out. Matt stayed with Eric and they watched a movie while Stephanie and Lori went to lunch and ran errands together. It was a great day! We found out it was Eric (our angel care person)’s last day and a new person would be starting on Friday. Zach had a baseball game at 6:00pm, which his team won 9-2. Zach pitched 4 innings only giving up one run!
Thursday was a busy but fun filled day. We took Maddie to get her eyes checked for kindergarten she passed no problem. Then we met with a local chiropractor, Dr. Aaron Kik to discuss a new protocol to try to fight this disease. Please pray that I can be disciplined to stay on the new diet & vitamins regiment and that we could see some positive improvements. Afterwards I had another treatment at the clinic and was taken there by our neighbor, Al Garcia, who also has ALS for about 20 years! He has the slow progression type so we compared notes and he gave me some insights on the disease. This was a huge blessing for Lori because she was able to stay home and clean the house for another showing that night; thank-you Al. That night after Zach’s game went to Culver’s with some friends, The Smith family and it was fun hanging out with them talking about life.
Friday morning we went to the VA for bloodwork and to check on our applications for grants. It was good that we went because the adaptive housing grant was approved at 20% of the potential grant so we appealed it since Eric qualifies for the full amount. The vehicle grant had been closed out for some reason so we had to get that reopened and looked at. This is how things are with the VA and you need to be persistant to get what you are entitled to. Please continue to pray for these things to be approved in the time that we will be needing them. We got our new Angel (we will refer to the home health care person from Angel Care as our angel from now on). She is wonderful!! She did everything on the list and more. She has 4 children of her own and has been in this field for over ten years. What a blessing! Sorry this has taken so long to update the blog and it is quite long, but it has been very busy as you can see and we again hope to slow down and relax at home more soon. Four more days of school next week. Have a blessed weekend. Thank you for your prayers and support!


Your brother in Christ,
Eric

Philippians 4:11-13
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


1 comment:

Clarkers said...

Love the verse... my mom made me memorize it growing up and God reminds me of it often : )

I was just talking with someone about worshiping the other day... I think the devil just likes to sneak in there and plant insecurities... the crazy thing is I often listen to him. It helps me to remember we were created for GOD'S pleasure. Romans 6:13 Give yourselves to God.. Surrender your whole being to him to be used for righteous purposes.

Just wanted you guys to know I am praying for you!!!

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER