Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Friday, May 23, 2008

MY BODY IS REALLY SICK...NEEDS TIME TO HEAL



I realized yesterday just how sick my body is. Like some americans I wasn't taking very good care of my body over the years, by what I was eating [mostly fast food diet] & drinking[2-3 2 liters of mountain dew a day]coupled by the lack of sleep [average of 4-5 hours a night]. Then factor in the stressors & anxieties of daily life, environmental toxins exposed to in the Gulf War and in the cities I've lived in; one tends to see the big picture...my body is real sick not getting the opportunity to heal!
Since my diagnosis last May I have tried to address these areas, but find I still need prayers, discipline and motivation to get my body back to health. I have overcome the need/desire to drink pop,thank you God; that was a tough one. I have been taking about $200-300 a month worth of vitamins & minerals...which my body was depleted of for so long. I have tried to eat mostly organic foods, but during the winter months its hard to find them. Due to being so busy lately we have comprimised for convience and time by eating out too much.
Well I am going to need to work harder stronger being more disciplined this next year in regards to my diet in order to get my body back to healthy.

After much prayer, I've decided to FIRE all my doctors seems none of them care like I do. I will rely on the "The Great Physician" from now on!

I hope you all have a blessed weekend.

Love Eric


Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all” (Psalm 34:19).

Everyone goes through seasons of difficulty and challenge in life. One of the enemy’s traps is to isolate us and convince us that we won’t make it. But God promises that He will deliver the righteous out of all of their afflictions. We are righteous because of our relationship with God through Christ Jesus. We are righteous simply by having faith in Him, His goodness, and the promises in His Word. If you’re going through a tough time today, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Declare His promises over your life. We are more than conquerors through Him! The joy of the Lord is our strength! As we continue to stand, even during the difficult times, we can be assured that victory is on the way. It might be today…it might be next week…next month, or next year, but God is faithful! Through faith and patience, we will inherit the promise. We will get beyond these difficulties.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Eric I want to say thank you first and foremost for your service to our country.
I am not going to say that I understand your pain and frustration that you are going through. What I will share with you is a reminder that God will never give us more than we can handle. Yes while it may be hard to go through the trails and pains in life we must never lose sight on the fact that "we are only but a stranger here on earth" and our true home waits for us in heaven.
When we feel like giving up take it to the cross and leave there for God to take care of.
I read the postings that your wife had posted and it sounds like God has blessed her not only with patience but a loving heart.
I read this posting and was saddened by the statement that you fired your doctors but I do understand when you state that your are trusting the Great physician.
In closing I pray that God watch over you and your family. I pray that God comforts you and your family on the bad days and remember all the good days that you have shared as a family.

God's Blessing,
Jason father of a Young Marine who was at the Fun Rasier.
Proverbs 3:5 & 6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Anonymous said...

Eric,
I know this is only my little opinion....but I agree with you about the doctor statement you made. Not to offend any doctors out there, but it seems in todays world, its all about the almighty dollar. You know your body better then anyone and you need to do whats right for you! The natural way is the best way I feel...fruits, veggies, keep taking your vitamins...and leave the rest to our GOD! :)
I couldnt agree with you more...
Hope your weekend is good!
ps...Lori...was your pedicure wonderful??? Do your little toes look beautiful!?? hahaha
talk soon.....Heather

Joann said...

Eric, I feel your disappointment in Dr.s but I understand your disappointment. The Lord is our Jehovah-Rapha. I am going through a fourth treatment for breast cancer and I know how it feels to do everything that youcan to fight. You're 2 yrs younger han I , butI have was diagnosed when I was 33, so it's been 7 yrs.but it's stilla tough pill to swallow to be young and have your body not listne to you. I respect your decision to fire your doctor's but the Lord will put paths in front of you. i will pray that he will keep your eyes and ears open to His will. One huge thing that I have learned is that this disease is not all about me. My children will have trials and tests in their life and they are watchng me and mywalk with Jesus through this. that will affect their walk with him. that's what it's about I suppose. How we live as Christ. i ampraying for a strong body for you, and a strong sound mind as well.
Love, Your sister in Christ,
Joann

Joann said...

Sorry about the lousy typing.
Joann

Anonymous said...

wow. I just read the last ladies entry to you and something hit me.
When she said that her sickness isnt all about her. It takes a strong person to be able to make that statement...and even though I havent a clue who she is...Im very impressed with her. She said that her kids will see how she is dealing with this disease, and THAT will in turn affect how they deal with their own issues. To be honest...Im not sure if I personally could be that sensitive of a person to be able to even think that way especially being faced with an illness. This life is so much focused on the "me...me...me" mentality, To read her entry was really uplifting!!!! I hope she reads this...and knows that what she is doing is really commendable. what a way to praise God huh!!!!
Hope you guys had a nice...RELAXING...NOT TOO BUSY weekend:) ~Heather

Anonymous said...

To my son who is so total awesome. You have changed the lives of so many people, and you probably don't even know it. I see in you a man that has come a long way in life. I want to repeat the saying. HANG IT ON THE CROSS
If you have a secret sorrow,
a burden or a loss,
An aching need for healing...
HANG IT ON THE CROSS.
If worry steal your sleep
and makes you turn and toss,
If your heart is feeling heavy..
HANG IT ON THE CROSS.
Every obstacle to faint or doubt
you come across,
Every prayer unanswered...
HANG IT ON THE CROSS.
For Christ has borne our brokenness
and dearly paid the cost
To turn our trials to triumph...
HANG IT ON THE CROSS.

remeber son we all love you and your family so much. I wish dad and i could have been the ones standing beside you in Washington.
love you to infinty and beyound.
mom

Anonymous said...

aw....Erics moms comment was sweet....Im sure it made him tear up! If thats not the most sincere form of Love... then nothing is...
"hopefully" we can catch up soon...we seem to be missing each other lately on the phone:)
talk soon....Heather

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER