Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The surgery was a success and we are home!

Just a quick note to let you know that the surgery went very well. Eric used his bi-pap during the surgery which took about 1 hour including prep time once he was on the table. I was able to help get his mask on after they inserted the tube down his nose and then they let me sit right outside of the room he was in. I was praying and reading the book of John while I waited and felt at peace. I was praising God when they came out and told me it went well and I could go in. We had to stay in recovey for 4 hours so they could monitor him and irrigate his tube and we were able to head home about 5 tonight. Eric said he was hungry when he came out of surgery so we are now finally home eating some food. We will be trained on how to use the tube for the first time tomorrow. Eric is in a lot of pain in the tube area and he was given some vicodin which helped a little. Thank you for your prayers!!! We felt them and are so grateful. Please pray for pain tolerance, rest and no infections.
Thanks prayer warriors!
Love,
Lori and Eric

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!!! Will continue to pray with our many friends for you guys!
Ingraffias

Sheila said...

Lori thanks so much for taking the time to post. we all were praying and will continure to pray!

Kristi VanKoevering said...

So glad to hear that the surgery was a success, Eric! You were all in our prayers throughout the day yesterday. I could not believe how grown up Zach looks in the hotel pics and Maddie is as adorable as ever!
We miss seeing you guys! God's blessings every second of every day!
All our love, the VanKoevering's

chippy said...

Eric & Lori,
We were praying for you! So glad that the surgury went well & that there were no breathing problems!

Jennifer Schwartz said...

Thanks for the update! Been checking your website daily to see how Eric is doing. So glad to hear the surgery went well.

Jenn Apol said...

We are happy to hear that the surgery went well. We will keep you in our prayers!

Jenn & Erick

Anonymous said...

Great to hear! Praying daily. Brian Hass & Fam.

Michelle Zink said...

Eric and Lori,
I hadn't checked your blog for a while, and I'm so sorry to hear about the added difficulties you have faced over the past few weeks. Eric has been in my prayers and will continue to be (as will your family). I saw that I missed a call from you last night, Lori. Mike and I were out for dinner, and I didn't want to call back too late. After reading your blog, I'll let you call again when it's convenient for you. We'll be around for part of the day today, so please feel free to call. I was looking at the pictures you just posted, and it looks like Zach has grown a foot since we last saw him! Hope he is doing well at Grandville. I know Jared misses him. Take care, Michelle, Mike, Jared, and family

Joann said...

turning up the prayers for you guys. Stay strong and confident in the Lord.
Love Joann

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER