Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Tuesday, July 8, 2008

FAITH...WHAT IS IT?




“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1).



What are we hoping for in our lives today? The Bible says that faith gives substance to the things you hope for. Notice this verse starts by saying, “Now faith…” It’s not “later” faith or “one day” faith. We have to believe that God is working behind the scenes right now. I know it’s not easy to see especially if we are going through a rough stretch or valley, but faith is so important because it keeps our focus on the “One” that answers and is always there for us. Faith is simply believing that God is a good and faithful God—that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. My pastor quoted an author, Randy Frazee’s idea of faith in his book “FINISHING STRONG” as this: ‘faith takes us all the way to sight, till we see Jesus face to face.’ I’m holding on to God’s Word and wanting to finish strong and to hopefully hear my Savior say to me: ‘well done my faithful child [servant] .’ My opinion is that too often many of us are consistently changing or redefining God to be the way we want Him to be. We put limits on God because we don’t really know Him…we don’t take time to get to know and trust in Him. Do we really believe that God wants to move in our life, today? Do we really believe He can provide for our needs, today? Do we really believe He can heal our relationships, today? Whatever we are hoping for, we need to open our hearts and expect that God is working on our behalf. Stand strong and declare that victory is already ours. As we face each day with faith and expectancy, we’ll increase in strength and see God’s hand working in every area of our life!


Have a blessed week!


Your brother in Christ,

Eric

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be the first to admit, I wish I had that kind of faith. I am working on it though. To let go and to trust Our Lord is no easy task for me. Thank you Eric for your encouragement in the midst of all you are going through. You my friend challenge me to dig deeper. Thank you! Aron Dietzel

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER