Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ups and downs

Today we had an few appointments and the kids are at Grandma and Grandpa Foxes for a few days. Eric got measured for some A.F.O.'s which help fupport his ankles and legs when walking to give him better stability. He said they felt good and we hope they will keep him on his feet walking as long as he can and safely. I have to admit I have been getting very worried about the way Eric has been walking lately. It has been very unsteady at times and I wish I could walk beside him and be his stability and I am always grabbing his hand thinking that it makes me feel better, yet it makes it harder for him to maintain his balance. We watched the video last night together that he linked on the right side of the blog called ALS is real. It always slaps me into reality when I see the progression of this horrible disease and think that can't possibly happen to Eric, but Eric is experiencing most of the things on this video. When I see him start to change like this, it is very hard to take it in. I know Eric has been having a very hard time with it lately and I can't even begin to put myself in his shoes. He stays very strong and positive for me and the kids and I know that helps us all deal with this disease, but it is so hard for him to always stay positive when his body is deteriorating. Our faith is strong and we believe that God is the ultimate healer and have been praying diligintly for healing. It is so hard to wait on God and to stay strong. We watched a movie tonight called Iron Man and I couldn't help but think how great it would be if we could get one of those suits for Eric that would allow his body to be strong and move around and something to keep his heart beating when his body couldn't and then I thought that is selfish of me. Who are we to take matters into our own hands thinking that we know best. I know there is a time to be born and a time appointed for all of us to die, but that is so hard to imagine when it is someone you love so dearly. Eric is a husband, a father, a son and a geniune friend to so many people so I know you all can understand what I feel. Someone asked me at church how I was doing and I said really good so it must be time for me to have a breakdown soon not knowing exactly when that would be. I usually break down more when I think of the reality of this disease so again I try not to and to focus on each day. I find joy in spending time with Eric and treasure each moment and hope that I can stay strong and supportive for him like he has been doing for me. I don't mean to sound down because He raises us up and I know He will continue to do it, I just wanted to share what we are going through to help you understand and it also helps me relieve some of what we carry. We still need your prayers for healing and to sustain us. Thank you for praying!
God Bless,
Lori

3 comments:

Clarkers said...

Eric and Lori, I am just praying for you so much..I am praying that especially on the days when it get's scary to think about the furture you both feel an added sense of God's presence. I can't imagine what emotions you go through and how it must be so hard to be strong for each other and the kids.... I pray that you are filled with hope, comfort, peace and know that no matter what God is right there with you. I think about how much I love my husband and kids... I don't know what I would do if something happened to them but then I think about how much God loves them.. so much more than I can even fathom and he has a perfect plan... that's what I think on when the "what if's" of everyday scare me. I know that I can't probably even imagine what you are going through but I just wanted you to know I am praying and you guys are loved even by strangers!!!! Leslie Phil 4:7

Anonymous said...

I'm praying, too!!

- Jen in Canada

Anonymous said...

love you guys!

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER