Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Eric got his bipap machine today


This morning, Eric got his bipap machine and tested all the masks to see which one was the
least invasive. He chose one that just covers his nose which he can keep as long as he can sleep with his mouth closed so pray for this so he won't have to have the one in the picture above which covers his mouth too. These machines have come along way she said and hopefully Eric will be able to sleep tonight with it for the first time. The goal is 4 hours at a time for now. He has been a good sport about this as I know it is kind of overwhelming for him.
My garage sale started today. It was supposed to start at 5 pm but as soon as I opened my garage at 2, people started coming in so I just put my signs out and opened early. This sale was solely to raise money to help pay Eric's prior balance (before we got disablity) at the Born Clinic for the treatments he has been and is currently doing. My goal was set very high for the sale and we are 2/3 of the way to this goal on the first day which will help out so much with getting rid of this debt. God is so good!!! I sent an email to ask for help with tables, help running the sale and setting up etc. and I have had so much help and even some donations to the sale. I am so grateful and want to acknowledge some of you for all of your help. I couldn't do it without all of your help! Thank you so much to my mom, Eric's mom, Sherri, Tanya, Cathy, Deanna, Robin T, Sorrell's, Bonacci's and all of you who have donated tables and of course all of the people who shopped and are helping us get rid of our stuff! I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Lastly, as Zach said on his entry, We have listed our house for sale as of yesterday. We have contemplated renovating this house or buying or building for a while now and it just doesn't make sense to remodel this home as it means knocking out walls and adding foundation or roofing issues so as much as we love this neighborhood and we have only been here 1 1/2 years. It looks like we need to sell our house and look for land to build on to fit all of the future needs Eric may have if he would need a wheelchair.

Please pray for:
*Eric's adjustment to the bipap and the benefit of more energy
*Two more days of my sale - energy as I am fighting a cold or allergies
*Maddie is going to grandma Foxes tomorrow for the weekend
*Please pray that our house would sell at the right time and for God's direction on decisions to be made as they come
*my sister Kristi and Brian and the kids are in Georgia over break on a mission trip. They are working hard and very busy. Don't forget to check out their blog when you can www.briankristiblogspot.com

Thanks for your prayers and I hope you are all enjoying your spring break despite the cold weather!
In Him who gives us strength,
Lori

No comments:

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER