Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring Break!!!!













Woo Hoo!!! It's Spring Break! No school!



For an 11 year old kid like myself, this is the closest thing to Summer Break. I get to play with my friends, hangout with my dad, stay up late, sleep in, and best of all,
No School!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



If you don't know who's talking right now,

It's Zach Fox.



Well let's start out with Thursday night. I had lots of friends over and when it got dark we played "Ghost in the Graveyard."



On Friday I played with Jared Zink for a little bit. Then my mom,sister,and I went to Culvers where I got my basketball and we ate ice cream. My dad left for Lansing with some friends on a Men's Retreat.



On Saturday I played with Max for almost the whole day, and Maddie (my little sister) played with her friends Allie Wiegand and Olivia Barr. Then my dad came back from the retreat. Afterward, the Barr family and Matt Bowers came and we all ate Pizza. Then Mrs. Barr and her 3 daughters left, and my dad, Mr. Barr, Mr. Bowers, and myself watched the final 4 in college basketball. We had a little fun during the comercials.

(chucking my nerf basketball at each other)



On Sunday Our family went to church at Wellspring. It was awesome seeing all my friends and learning about Nicadimus. After church we went out to eat with the Peterson's at Red Robin. Pastor Gary was hilarious(as usual). Later, Maddie and I played with our friends. My parents and I went to the evening church service, and Maddie was at Allie's house.



On Monday I helped my dad with sorting our C.D.'s, went through his old hockey gear, and his old military items. He gave me one of his hat's, a mosquito net, and one of his medals he recieved for fighting in the Persian Gulf War. Mom worked some more on the garage sale. After that I met with some old next-door neighbors, and played with them until dinner.



Today Grandpa and Grandma Kammeraad came over and video-taped my dad on his everyday life struggles with ALS. My friend Austin Bouman came over and we got a video game at Family Video called "World Championship Paintball." Then we went to Logan's Roadhouse for dinner. It was to busy so we got it to go and brought it back to our house to eat it. Now here I am right now typing this blog while my dad and my sister are watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas.Also, my mom is out in the garage working on the garage sale.



One thing I forgot to tell you if you didn't know was that our house is for sale. We're hoping to build a new house that will be more accessible for my dad.



Have an incredible blessed day,

Thank you for your prayers,

$$$$$$$$$$ Zach Attack is out $$$$$$$$$$

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zach, you're such an awesome kid! We love you! We hope you have a great rest of the week enjoying your spring break!

Love,
Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Kevin

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER