Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Saturday, April 19, 2008

Loving this weather!


Not much new to update, just wanted to tell you that we are all doing well. Zach is feeling better and we are all loving this sunny, warm weather!!! It just makes you smile. We are really looking forward to our vacation next week Friday with Brian and Kristi in the warmer climate as well away from the day to day business. I just pulled out the summer totes to start sorting and packing next week. Our dog is enjoying the warmer weather too and jumping the fence to visit other dogs so we need to get him an extra long chain to roam the yard with. I had my last day at work last Wed. and am really looking forward to more time at home with no running to work or appointments daily. There are just some days that I want to stay home all day and not even get dressed if we don't feel like it until noon. I know Eric agrees. It gets tiring so this will be a huge blessing for us. Eric and my dad are making a video for Washington DC and are almost done with that. They gave me a sneak preview and I started crying the moment it started out of no where. Some days I feel like I just live in auto pilot and do what needs to be done at the moment and don't think of the reality of this disease. I think I prefer living that way as long as I don't become numb to my own feelings. Eric and I choose to laugh every day. Seriously, I don't think we have laughed more together than lately. I think it is because we spend so much time together and we talk a lot and Eric just makes me laugh! He is my best friend. We have two weddings at church this month and I help coordinate them for church right now so I attend the rehearsal and the wedding day and it brings tears to my eyes thinking about the covenant they are making to each other. Pastor Gary emphasizes that this covanant is for life, better for worse, sickness and health and that is so true. Go give your spouse a big hug and tell them how much you love them and appreciate them if you are married and hug your cute little children too if you have them. Treasure your time together and choose to have joy!

We love you!
Lori and Eric

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im so glad you guys are laughing all the time...randomly:) It's so good for the soul!
I was so thrilled today when I went to check your blog and there was a new post...LOVE IT! Im becoming blog obsessed....haha
Can you guys go to lunch tomorrow?? after church....at Fazzolis! havnet been there for a while...It would be fun to visit and hang out there.
let me know...call my cell. see you soon.
Love tons..Heather

Anonymous said...

5 more days!!! yeeehaaaaaaaa

love you guys!!

B&K

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER