Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Inspired reading in the word of God


my dad and I after being diagnosed w/ALS
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
II Corinthians 12:9
“But now since you have been set free from sin…you have your present reward in holiness and its end is eternal life”
Romans 6:22

Holiness is a powerful force in our lives. It leads us to eternal life. Holiness simply means being “set apart.” You are set apart when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. He makes His home in you, and His holiness lives on the inside of you, too. The Bible tells us that without holiness, no one can see God. God sets us apart and calls us His own, but it’s up to us to continue living a life that is set apart from sin and destructive influences. We have to set ourselves apart from our old ways, old behaviors, and old mindsets. Remember, God chose to set you apart for Himself because He loves you. He doesn’t want anything to keep you from His promises and blessings. Make the decision to let go of anything that would hold you back today. Remember, you are set apart for God’s purposes. Let that sink down into your heart today and fill you with hope. As you embrace holiness and live a life that is set apart, you will see God, and you will live the abundant life He has in store for you.
Have a blessed day!
Eric

2 comments:

Joann said...

Thank you for your post. i am..was feeling really blue and bad for myself today. You reminded me that God has set me apart. Dealing with my disease is so depressing and tiring. I'm sure you can relate. Sometimes I don't want to be set apart and just be normal, but i's not to be right now. Thank you or being strong and reminding me and others what life is about and who we are here for.
I'm praying for you.
Joann

Anonymous said...

Thank you Eric for that awesome reminder. :)

Love,
Steph

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER