Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A letter from Eric's sister Julie

Eric's sister Julie wrote this very touching note to us and wanted us to put it on our blog so here it is: We love you, Julie!!

Let me tell you about my brother, Eric. He is a faithful, devoted, and caring man. He has always been there for me and my family. His drive and passion are amazing in finding a cure for this horrible disease that he has. He is not going down without a fight.

To know where Eric is today and where he used to be is amazing. Growing up Eric and I did not have it easy. We had loving parents and did their best to teach us right from wrong. Sometimes I think that Eric should have been my older brother instead of my younger brother. He was always looking out for me and making sure that my friends were "good" enough for him. Giving me lectures when he thought that I needed and listening to me when I needed it. Sticking by each other when we were getting into trouble(which was never, ha-ha). Eric and I have stories that will always be with us to the end. There were times when we wanted to strangle each other. We had our share of fights as well; that did not make mom and dad too happy either. I know that we pushed our "luck" with mom and dad.

When I found out that he has ALS, I thought to myself, how could this be happening. How could this happen to our family. Eric is truely an inspiration to me. I know that I would not be this far in my faith if it was not for him. He just kept telling me to have faith and God would take care of the rest. I need to believe in that God will provide and love me just the way that I am. When Eric got saved; he was shouting it from the roof top, I was very happy for him. Eric has the most wonderful wife and children. He is a devoted and loving husband and father. Lori is a wonderful woman and an asset to our family. Zachary and Madison are unique and special as well. I have told Eric in the past to count his blessings and recount if necessary. Now it is my turn to count my blessings because of Eric and Lori. God knew what he was doing when he sent our parents looking for us. Eric and I were "hand picked" by God for our parents. For those of you who do not know what I am talking about; Eric and I are adopted.

Eric, I am very blessed to have you in my life. What you have taught me in this past year has been truely amazing. It has opened my eyes to a lot of different things. Even being at the lowest point in my life, you are there. Sometimes I feel like I complain a lot, you are always there to listen to me. It should be the other way around. Eric, please do not change, I can not tell you how much you mean to me and to our family. I am glad that you are fighting this disease to the end, you are a stronger man because of it. You have taught our family a lot and I pray that you continue to do so. I love you Eric, more than words can say. I am very proud to be your sister.
LOL
Julie

No comments:

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER