Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Tuesday, March 11, 2008

STAYING BUSY!




While it's hard to believe it's been since Friday since we updated the blog. A lot has happened. Saturday I was on my own all day as Lori took Zach to Chicago with his class on their annual Chicago trip that they have done the last several years. It is amazing how plans don't always work out as you hope but God allows other things to happen for a much bigger plan! I was able to have breakfast with a couple friends that recently got married and I haven't been able to see lately. They were very gracious, loving, and kind to me. When they brought me home another friend of mine,Dan B. was at my house looking for me. We decided to go to Home Depot and pick up some wood to build a workbench and shelves in my garage. My buddy Matt H. came over to help. They got it all framed and put together, just needs to be finished. Thanks guys for all your hard work. Lori's dad came over and took Maddy and I out to eat and I think he got to see how much my wife does for me. This disease takes away my abilities to use my arms and hands, but nothing can take away my spirit!

I want to take a minute, and brag on my wife. I am truly blessed to have the most wonderful, caring, compassionate, understanding, selfless wife, a man could have! She endures so much and maintains this household, being my caregiver, being a friend to others, being a mother to her two children, and trying to keep everything flowing. I realize it isn't an easy task by any stretch... There are only 24 hours in a day and know she wishes there were a few more. In all fairness, she gets burned out from time to time.

Sunday was incredible day at our church, wellspring church, pastor Gary talked about blessings and curses. One thing that I was inspired was I wanted to speak more blessings over my family and friends. My parents came into town to have lunch with us. I have to give God praises because through this valley my parents are finally going to church. I have been praying that my family; parents, brother and sister, would come to know the Lord in a personal relationship with the Almighty King! It was great visiting my folks. My cousin Lindsey also made the trip over, which was nice seems we don't see each other all that often. My mom and I had a moment where we held each other and just cried. It's hard sometimes knowing that you're dying and there is nothing we can do but pray to God for his healing. My parents took Madison with them till Thursday gives Lori a break to get the many tax returns done that she has left to do. It also gives grandma and grandpa time with their granddaughter.

Today, Monday was catching up with e-mails, Lori is busy doing laundry, cleaning, organizing, doing dishes, working with taxes, and phone calls for doctors appointments, and so much more. We had an appointment with a doctor at the born clinic tonight. It's been since December since I talk to her. We brought our list of questions, and try to understand if we were on the right tract and doing all that we could to slow down this disease. There were a few things that she recommended that we need to do and they were a few adjustments that we need to make. In regards to suppl up ements that I'm on.

We appreciate your prayers and support as we go through this valley together. My hope is that you would see Jesus walking with me through the storm.

I wanted to read a few verses that I was inspired by today:

Jesus took my infirmities, and bore my sicknesses. Therefore, I refuse to allow sickness to dominate my body. The life of God flows within me, bringing healing to every fiber of my being. Matthew 8:17, John 6:63.

I present my body to God for it is the temple of the living God. God dwells in me and his life permeates my spirit, soul, and body so that I am filled with the fullness of God daily. Romans 12:1,3; John 14:20.

May God bless you this week!

Eric

No comments:

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER