Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Tuesday, March 25, 2008

TRULY BLESSED



Easter this year had more meaning than previous years growing up. One thing is I feel closer to my family than ever before. This weekend we went to my mom and dad's in St. John's where I grew up. We had so much food that we didn't need to eat dinner. The grandkids had an opportunity to search for their Easter baskets. I had a chance to talk to my parents alone about things that were coming up and decisions that we would need to make. It was really good talking to them, and they gave me some good sound advice. I know my brother is having a hard time with this, but I've had a hard time talking to him, because I don't want him to hurt anymore. We had a chance to talk a little bit down in the basement and I can tell that things are busy in his life right now. I hope he knows how much I love him and that God has everything under control. And we will be all right. Later in the day. My mom and I had an opportunity to go through old pictures together. We laughed at all the memories that were made. It's hard to believe that my sister once had pigtails and my brother was that small… one thing that occurred to me is how blessed I am. What many people don't know is that I am adopted. My mother was only 17 when she had me and she couldn't afford to keep me. So she put me up for adoption, hoping and praying that I would have a better life. In walks my mom and dad, and they picked me out of the rest of the kids at the orphanage. am blessed to have been chosen by my parents I am blessed to have been chosen by God to be able to have a relationship with him. I am blessed to have met, fall in love with, be in love with, been married to, my best friend; Lori. I am blessed to have two wonderful children that I adore and love with all my heart. I am blessed to have wonderful parents and family on both sides that love me and care about me. I am blessed to have the most wonderful church family that takes care of me, encourages me, loves me, respects me, and are there walking and praying on my behalf every day. I am blessed by having so many friends that would care enough to call just to say hi. I am blessed to be able to see a brilliant sunrise, smell a hot apple pie, hear children playing, feel the loving embrace of a friend, think about heaven, taste freshly baked chocolate chip cookies… and so many more things that God gives me each day. We went to Lori's sister's house on Sunday after an amazing church service at wellspring church. It was such a powerful service God’s presence was definitely moving and transforming. Seven adults accepted Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. We give God praise for changed lives. We had a huge dinner feast. There was enough food for two families. And I can't forget about the deserts someone in the neighborhood and made a chocolate bunny cake. My kids dared me to kiss the bunny. So I did. The kids had fun searching for hidden Easter eggs filled with candy. Well, I fell asleep on the couch. It was a great day. Please pray for Lori's sister as she has been battling cancer for over a year now. She has decided to stop the chemo treatments. The side effects are just too overwhelming. She and Brian are at total peace with this decision.

Thank you so much for all your prayers, may God bless you and keep you.

Love Eric

“Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty” (Zechariah 4:6).

In this day and age, we are equipped with so many wonderful resources in the natural: technology, education, abilities. It’s easy to rely on our own natural strength for so many things. We have to remember that this natural world is only temporary, but the spiritual realm is eternal. We aren’t limited to the earth’s resources; we have unlimited spiritual resources by the Spirit of God. There are things in life that can’t happen by human thinking and reasoning. There are things that won’t be solved by natural power and might. But God is not limited by the resources of this world. When you open the door of faith in your heart, God will move through you in powerful ways by His Spirit. By His Spirit, you can overcome temptation. By His Spirit, you can receive healing. By His Spirit, you can fulfill every dream and desire in your heart. No matter what challenges or obstacles you may be facing today, know that you can live in complete victory by His Spirit! Father in heaven, thank You for giving me access to all Your spiritual blessings by Your Spirit today. I choose to rely on You and trust that You are working in my life. I praise and bless You, knowing that You are leading me in victory in every area of my life. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Eric! What a beautiful spirit of praise and joy and love and thanks you have! We're so glad that you had such a wonderful weekend. We wish we could have been with you guys! :)

Love,
Steph, Kev, and Carlos

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER