Search This Blog

Thank you for checking out our website/blog. By journaling and updating this website we will attempt to keep friends and family up to date on what is going on inside our lives. Living with a terminal illness (ALS) and demonstrating how God is working in our lives to bring Him glory during this trial. We appreciate your gracious prayers and support during this season of our lives! We Love You All So Much!




My Favorite Music


Sunday, March 2, 2008

We're all healthy

Hi again,
It has been hard to keep the blog updated as often as we like. Sometimes it is just busy around here, sometimes we are too tired and sometimes there is just not too much new to share. Maddie's sickness was shortlived and she was feeling better by the next day and none of the rest of us got sick so that is a praise. Tax returns have been flowing in for me so that keeps me very busy right now. It was great to be back at church today. We have been traveling whenever we can lately which has been great, but we do miss our church, family and friends when we are away. The message was great today on unity and to let go of petty things and come together in unity. Spend your time using your gifts for God. A couple of verses that stuck out are: Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Philippians 2:3 We want to teach our kids this so much but need to lead by example. The other verse is "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." Galations 6:10. and one more to commit to memory is "The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" John 10:10. Isn't it good to know that as much as satan wants to destroy us, God wants us to have an abundant, full life!!
Eric and I have decided that it was getting too hard to work outside of the house for a full day since Eric was home by himself with noone to assist him with eating and other things he needs. I have gave my notice at my job in Holland which should help alleviate stress and feeling pulled in too many directions. I am training someone already to do my work there so I should be done soon. Last Friday when I went in to work, I had left Eric lunch in the fridge and he dropped it all on the floor because he couldn't get it out of the fridge. I just feel that I need to be here for Eric. I try not to do everything for him, but it is a huge reminder of his limitations when he has no one to help him. We are blessed to be able to have me home without a huge financial stain. We have our appointment in Battle Creek on Tuesday for special adaptive equipment and ways to help Eric be more independant if at all possible. He has been having really bad charley horses in his legs at night that keep him up. We have to ask the doctor if there is anything he can do about that. Sometimes it is hard to know what to share and what not to share, however we want to be informative about the disease and real about what life is like now.
Thank you for all of your prayers and words of encouragement,
Love Lori and Eric

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eric and Lori,

I am a friend from Kristi's blog. I want you to know that I think and pray for you often. I understand your "alternate reality." The whole world goes on as if nothing is happening and everyday you struggle with, "don't they know what is happening to us?" I loved this verse when I was ill last year, "Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world." That is a fact. A promise. God is so much bigger than satan and there is so much more to this world than what we see with our eyes. The Bible say, that "we wrestle not with flesh and blood.." You have a platform here to testify to His Word. You are not alone..I, and others, are here with you, praying you through.

God's blessings on you and can't wait to meet you at the concert friday!

Margorie

Family is FOREVER

Family is FOREVER